Subject: Re: Maienbühl
Date: Aug 28, 2001 @ 19:47
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

First, I don't rule out that Maienbühl is something very normal. It
just looks peculiar, so why wouldn't there be some sort of a story to
it?

On quintipoints: I think that the lower in the hierarchy you go, the
more quintipoints you'll find. E.g. I think that the bordering of
five back gardens in a quintipoint is not that strange.

But on something more interesting for BP: I know of at least one
former quintipoint in the Netherlands. It is the so-called Oude
Meulenstat near the hamlet of Hugten, on the provincial border
between North Brabant and Limburg. This used to be the meeting point
of the municipalities of Budel, Maarheeze, Someren (all N. Brabant),
Weert, and Nederweert (Limburg). Since then, the boundaries between
Budel and Maarheeze and between Weert and Nederweert were altered,
and later Budel and Maarheeze were merged (the new municipality is
called Cranendonck). Nowadays it is a tripoint between Someren,
Cranendonck, and Nederweert. I noticed that Eef mentions an article
on the boundary marker on his web site, but I have not yet found it.
I did make a picture of it lately. It is, I believe, not the original
one anymore.

Maybe Eef can tell us more about this boundary marker.

I know of at least one other municipal quintipoint in the Northern
Basque Country (France). It is one of the lower peaks of the mountain
Baigura, called the Erregelu, where the municipalities of Macaye
(Makea), Mendionde (Lekorne), Ossès (Orzaize), Irissarry (Irisarri),
and Hélette (Heleta) meet.

Mountains seem to be the ideal candidates for multipoints, don't you
agree?

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "m donner" <maxivan82@h...> wrote:
> well it still sounds like you have discovered a true quintipoint
> & very possibly the most major quinti in the world
> hence global maxipoint by that reckoning
>
> for even if it isnt a quintistate or quintiprovincial or
quintiwhatever they