Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: dcmdvan & mdvawv retries continued
Date: Sep 27, 2004 @ 03:58
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Please see my two insertions below.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA

----- Original Message -----
From: "aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 6:07 PM

> yes
> kevins my man
>
> & tho i agree his excellent report does not directly address the
> question of the tripoint
> it certainly provides a new clue that could well lead to the tripoint
> for it reveals the existence of a legal description of the boundary
> previously unsuspected by me
> in addition to the plat & marker description reports already in my
> possession
>
> aha
>
> & this already sounds like
> practically if not exactly
> the extra tidbit you suggested i might find on file in the county
> courthouses alongside the survey
> aha
>
> so that already looks like some pretty sharp shooting with both
> barrels by you

I'm glad to be of help!

> & you can bet i will be on the phone with kevin in the morning
> about this missing & possibly critical document
>
> & yes possibly just another red herring too
> i concede
> but due diligence demands i track it down in any case
>

> & another footnote to the dcmdvan try too
>
> it also just occurred to me
> an additional essential bit of data i need to remember to pull off
> the paper topo is the compass bearing of the dcmd&arfa line
> yikes

The bearing was supposed to be north 45 degrees east. BUS&SS says:

The lines do not bear exactly 45° from the
meridian, but the greatest variation is only 1¾'.

The footnote on that says:

For data regarding surveys and boundary
marks see Baker, Marcus, Nat. Geog. Mag.,
vol. 6, pp. 149-165, 1894."