Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: enclaves on stamps
Date: Sep 19, 2004 @ 02:41
Author: Michael Kaufman (Michael Kaufman <mikekaufman79@...>)

Ok this makes sense about maybeclaves. But about the
tripoints - you're saying a multipoint can move around
but presumtively still exist as long as the
constituent states still exist. There is of course at
least a possibility that sometimes they will no longer
exist even if the constituent states do. Using
several states (U.S., secondary level) as an example,
Wyoming hypothetically could gain territory
northwards, enough so in order to eliminate the MTNDSD
tripoint. (Instead there would be a newly created
NDSDWY tripoint.) MT, ND, and SD would of course
still exist.