Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Possible to have land in USA that isn't in a State?
Date: Jul 22, 2004 @ 05:36
Author: Dave Patton [DCP] ("Dave Patton [DCP]" <dpatton@...>)

At 02:32 PM 2004/07/21, aletheiak wrote:
>were you actually able to sight along the caus line from marker
>195 to marker 194 across the face of the 1909 idwa terminal marker

No - that's impossible given the terrain in the area.

>or exactly how did your discovery of this eccentric point location
>take place

Information from a conversation with a surveyor who, in part,
is using information from the old USGS bulletin. It was a brief
conversation, and I don't have the bulletin, and the surveyor
was going from memory, so don't rely on any specifics.

As I said, it raised in my mind the theoretical possibility,
but now I think it's not a valid concern, because the state
boundaries are terminated at an 'imaginary' point where the
line meets the Canada/USA border, regardless of where the
monument is located.

--
Dave Patton
http://www.confluence.org/