Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: vatican tidbit
Date: Apr 16, 2004 @ 05:37
Author: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...>)

> this
> delicious mess
> was the result of subsequent construction
> athwart the border
> & remained divided only until the border could be
> changed & the

I believe that the border hasn't changed (much) since
the construction of this building. Instead, I believe
that one part of the building, about a fourth, is
within va, and the rest is within an area that enjoys
extraterritorial status, and as such belongs to the
va.
Whether these two entities are the same or not could
probably be a subject for considerable debate here at
bp.

If there has been a change in the treaty that fully
includes this formerlly extraterritorial area into the
Vatican City State (as it is not uncommonly shown on
maps), I would like to be advised.

> that dividing the buildings is contrary to the very
> spirit of itva

Yes, I believe this is a fair assumption.

> & shows no clearly divided building anywhere on the
> border

Ah, but there is actually another. It is well visible
on some maps. Would you like to know straight away, or
would you prefer to do some research of your own?