Subject: Re: vatican tidbit
Date: Apr 16, 2004 @ 18:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

please look for insertions

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Ernst Stavro Blofeld
<blofeld_es@y...> wrote:
> > this
> > delicious mess
> > was the result of subsequent construction
> > athwart the border
> > & remained divided only until the border could be
> > changed & the
>
> I believe that the border hasn't changed (much) since
> the construction of this building.

right
& i believe it depends on what you mean by much

> Instead, I believe
> that one part of the building, about a fourth, is
> within va, and the rest is within an area that enjoys
> extraterritorial status, and as such belongs to the
> va.
> Whether these two entities are the same or not could
> probably be a subject for considerable debate here at
> bp.

well considerable misunderstanding anyway
as we do so confuse apples & oranges whenever possible
hahahaha

in this case i was believing that the official vatican map
http://tinyurl.com/3gjob
depicts the borders of the actual territory of the vatican city state
as twice modified subsequent to 1929
& does not endeavor to show any presently extraterrestrial areas

but i just noticed that the official vatican list of extraterritorials at
http://tinyurl.com/23v58
includes as item 7
a certain palace of sant offizio etc
yet the above map shows the vatican almost entirely enclosing
a certain sant uffizio square
hmm
so there is some reason to suspend my belief in the vatican
map
& at least entertain the possibilities that the confusion of apples
& origins could be coming from the vatican &or me

> If there has been a change in the treaty that fully
> includes this formerlly extraterritorial area into the
> Vatican City State (as it is not uncommonly shown on
> maps), I would like to be advised.

well thats what i believed the 2 nuovi confini chapters were about
hahahaha
so now i dont know what to believe
hahaha
& would like to be just as advised as you
hahaha

> > that dividing the buildings is contrary to the very
> > spirit of itva
>
> Yes, I believe this is a fair assumption.
>
> > & shows no clearly divided building anywhere on the
> > border
>
> Ah, but there is actually another. It is well visible
> on some maps. Would you like to know straight away, or
> would you prefer to do some research of your own?

well i assume you are not talking about either of the 2 back door
propylaea in the outside corners where the elliptical colonnade
arms join the straight colonnades
for which i have already mentioned accepting the vaticans map

& i am a little intrigued about a crazy looking peneclave feature
called the passetto
so i will guess wildly & for no other reason
is that the feature you too are thinking of

or what is that funny thing anyway

but in view of your playful invite
i confess i can barely wait for your offered info