Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: encore daman diu
Date: Mar 18, 2004 @ 06:58
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

On my 1981 NGS map of India, the larger part of the inland portion of Damao is
shown as a separate small Indian entity called "Dadra and Nagar Haveli." The
CIA currently lists it as a "union territory." Its capital on my map is
Silvassa, which is visible on your map with a different spelling. There is no
indication of an enclave within it, but that might not be possible due to scale.
What is the state of Bombay on your map is divided between the separate states
of Gujarat and Maharashtra on mine. The CIA currently lists both, but not
Bombay.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA