Subject: Re: parisian enclave?
Date: Mar 22, 2001 @ 15:38
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

Yes, I've seen that map too. It seems to indicate that the source is
in the municipality of Poncey-sur-l'Ignon. A 1:25k map will be more
precise, of course. But I don't think you are going to find any proof
of ownership on a topo map, though spot IS owned by Paris. But that
doesn't mean that it's part of the departement Ville de Paris (75). I
think it probably isn't. But you never know.

In the Netherlands we have the same thing: Amsterdam municipality owns
a large piece of the dunes on the Dutch coast (near Vogelenzang). It
is used as a filtration field for drinking water for the capital. But
the area is still part of other municipalities (Bloemendaal and
Zandvoort in the province of North-Holland, and Noordwijk and
Noordwijkerhout in the province of South-Holland).

Peter S.