Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] toward happier obelisks
Date: Mar 22, 2001 @ 16:08
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

wonderful reports from our inner kingdom of oz jack

this is why you are king for the life of us2

it never occurred to me to use this resource this way

you are undoubtedly right that we have work to do at okksco
as they call it
or coksok
as you rightly named it first

i sure hope it is just a lug wrench & flashlight job tho
because if it is pick & shovel service
i am out of my depth with only an army foldup spade
& i really would like to look into it while chasing indians next month

as for ksmook
i still really really want to contine to believe in your original
identification of the valuable brass pin
& my subsequent identification of the apparent pothole left by its pilferage
& joyces ultimate confirmation of the asphalt patch atop the pothole
all fully consistent with each other & the usgs topo

the huge federal makework monument seems to me almost pure folk art
& its location on the apparent ksok line suggests missouri may have said
show me or somehow just couldnt get with the program

i agree tho that it would be good to find more definitive info on this spot
at least so the rest of the world doesnt have to take our word for it

also in both cases unsure exactly how much of this site to trust really
especially in view of their whimsical comments made about surveys & surveyors
& their faithful reproduction of mistakes you also spotted

& please do consider me fully enlisted for both of these very interesting
outposts of your & our great realm