- MEXICAN RAILWAYS DIGITIZED /
FERROVÍAS MEXICANAS DIGITALIZADAS
This is an ongoing project by Doug Spurling and MEXLIST that digitally maps the Mexican railways in KMZ format.
It displays the railways interactively in great detail on three-dimensional satellite images. To use the project:
- OFFICIAL MEXICAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RAIL MAP
The Agencia Reguladora del Transporte Ferroviario published an official map in 2020. Sistema Ferroviario Mexicano is a web-based map of the Mexican railways that is highly detailed, zoomable, pannable, and customizable on
a variety of base maps and satellite photography.
- RAILWAY COMPANY MAPS
Most of the Mexican railways have maps of their
systems on their websites as linked below:
- CPKC (KCSM)
-- Follow the link and scroll down to interactive and downloadable maps of the CPKC system.
- Ferromex / Ferrosur
-- Follow the link to an interactive map of the Ferromex / Ferrosur system.
- Coahuila Durango
-- Follow the link to a general map. Click on the various divisions to see enlarged maps.
-- Follow the link to PDF scan of a paper map of the railway.
- Baja California
-- Follow the link and scroll down to a map of the railway.
- OTHER MAPS
Historic and general-purpose maps showing railways are available as follows:
- An excellent zoomable Railroad Map of Mexico, published by the United States government in 1916, is available from the Portal to Texas History.
- There are
detailed maps of Mexico at Maps of Mexico. Each of the 31 states and the Ciudad de
México is divided into 16 sections, and each section is one web
- The Biblioteca Digital de Mapas of the Instituto Nacional de Estadística, Geografía e Informática is available and searchable
- A major searchable map library, the Mapoteca Manuel Orozco y Berra is available online from the Servicio de Información Agroalimentaria y Pesquera.
is a service mark of Lowell G. McManus.
Web page © 2023 Lowell G. McManus