Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: American State Boundaries
Date: Apr 17, 2003 @ 06:00
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

1. But the boundary is. You may not be talking about elevations, but if the
boundary is the middle of the river, that's where it is.

2. Even if you had to measure around every grain of sand it would be a
finite distance, as there is a finite number of grains. But even so, this is
not how the line is measured, so it's not relevant. In the real world of
surveying and measuring, the length would be determined.

3. A boulder on a boundary wouldn't necessarily lengthen the boundary unless
it was a feature defined in the legal metes and bounds. As with the grains
of sand, the line would ordinarily continue in a path through it.