Subject: Re: BYLTLV remark
Date: Apr 02, 2003 @ 09:44
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Karolis B." <kbajoraz@y...>
wrote:

> > not exactly like this situation
> > or rather nonsituation
>
> OR RATHER NONSITUATION
>
> Mike's right here. The IS NO neutral zone, no triudominium, no
> nothing. It is a simple TP. It is not a mistery. A trinational
> agreement exists, darn close to that draft which we had translated
> here. No protocol exists, so no need to look for it. They made a
nice
> platform to simply make it nice and probably more tamperproof. I
> would like to clarify myself that border guards DID let Jan do
> illegal crossings into BY and LV at his visit in BYLTLV. But they
> couldn't tell him openly "yes, it's illegal, go ahead and do
it"! :)
> Either they didn't care or really believed it was legal.
> This is all established, no need to question it.

Right. I was under the impression that you meant something different
here. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to understand your writing,
too... That's why I asked Jan to tell us the story, so we could hear
it at first hand.

But that won't be necessary, as you rightly point out. I agree with
Michael that the draft agreement is clear enough. So Jan must have
been a bit less precise than usual when he wrote what he wrote on his
homepage, about a neutral territory, or he took the fibs of the
border guards for granted (not likely, since we all know that the
locals don't know, and like Jesper said: "the guards probably don't
really know or care" either.)

Peter S.