Subject: Re: Guantanamo, was: UN sets deadline for Cyprus deal
Date: Nov 12, 2002 @ 22:25
Author: anton_zeilinger ("anton_zeilinger" <anton_zeilinger@...>)

OK, sorry, apparently I had relied on an insufficiently researched
German almanach which stated that the deal was closed in 1903 for the
duration of 99 years.

What it did not say, is that in 1934, the lease was renegotiated to
allow the land to revert to Cuban control only if abandoned or by
mutual consent. And that's not about to happen anytime soon!

Oh, well...

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "anton_zeilinger" <anton_zeilinger@h...>