Subject: Re: Length CYUK
Date: Nov 12, 2002 @ 22:32
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

giddy of him to give only 1 of the 2 boundary lengths

also
after looking at the best depiction i could find
namely the one at pcl once again
which seems to indicate that these boundaries are comprised of
many if not mostly irregular lines rather than straight survey lines
i was going to guess a perfectly round 100 km last night
for the land boundaries of both bases combined
& nearly posted it

but now with 49 claimed for dhekelia alone
it is hard to resist increasing my guess slightly

however
as you probably also realize
accurate measurement of fiat boundaries is elusive
chimerical quixotic & practically impossible
notwithstanding the many seemingly authoritative numbers
& even seemingly authoritative rosters of them we have seen
so i think i will stick with my unpretentiously well rounded 100

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jan S. Krogh" <jan.krogh@t...> wrote:
> Gideon, p. 183:
> «... The Dhekelia base is on the northern shore of Larnaca
Bay, northeast of
> the city of Larnaca, with a boundary of about 30 miles (49 km.).
The
> boundaries are well demarcated by bolundary pillars
according to the Treaty
> of Establishment, which was part of the 1960 Independence
Constitution.»