Subject: Re: UN sets deadline for Cyprus deal
Date: Nov 13, 2002 @ 13:49
Author: anorak222 ("anorak222" <listen@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@c...> wrote:
> Anton wrote that the Four power treaty returning sovereignty to
> Austria contained:
>
> " 1. Die Alliierten und Assoziierten Mächte erklären, daß eine
> politische oder wirtschaftliche Vereinigung zwischen Österreich und
> Deutschland verboten ist. (The Allied and Associated powers declare
> that a political or economic union betweeb Austria and Germany is
> prohibited)."

The prohibition clearly aims at a bilateral union between Austria and
Germany. I wouldn't read it that Austria is prohibited to join any
international organisation where Germany just happens to be member
among several others already. That wouldn't make sense.

> Currently, all you have going is Austria changed currency and agreed
> to use an Austrian version of the Euro. Germany uses a German
version
> of the Euro.

There's only one Euro currency, no "versions" of it. The Euro coins
are issued in decors which happen to be designed by individual
nations, but nonetheless they're all denominations of the same
currency.

Regards