Subject: Re: EU or not on the Euro
Date: Sep 20, 2002 @ 13:04
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Franc Van Diest wrote:

> Also that was answered
>
> Beside these, there are the French Southern Territories (Amsterdam,
Crozet,
> Kerguelen and St-Paul), 7822 km² only inhabited by researchers, as
well as
> Adelie Land, a 43,200 km² part of the Antarctic claimed by France.

Well, my question was not about whether they use the euro there (as a
matter of fact they were the very first to use it), but whether these
lands can be considered as Asian (Kerguelen, Crozet, and
Amsterdam/St.Paul, that is).

> If you want to draw the continental borders i am more than willing
> assist.
> As far as I know no official (international) document is availaible
as
> reference
> A few months ago I offered to start up something like this but I
had no
> responce

Well, I'm not sure whether it's a very fruitful discussion. There are
so many considerations that you can make. But maybe I'm wrong. What
are your ideas on this?

> The only things to go by are the established order

Established by whom?

all the best
Peter S.