Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: EU or not on the Euro
Date: Sep 20, 2002 @ 09:29
Author: Peter Smaardijk (Peter Smaardijk <smaardijk@...>)

I'd say so, yes. But do they?

With French DOM's in the EU, Spanish bits of territory outside Europe
as well, Cyprus that's going to join it, Turkey maybe later, who knows
Russia too, much later, Israel part of Eurovision, and some other
things that I can't think of right now, I think Kevin is right about
the name "European Union" sooner or becoming an issue.

Maybe then they'll start a contest for a new name. And come up with
something as bland as the banknotes themselves.

By the way, not only maps can be a problem on banknotes. I vaguely
remember a story of an old French banknote with a bare-breasted lady
waving a flag and a gun (in actual fact a famous painting by Delacroix)
that was not accepted in Saudi Arabia. But it might be an urban legend.

Peter S.