Subject: Re: Eth/Sud/Ken tripoint
Date: May 29, 2002 @ 00:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

my cyrillic stinks but cribbing from message 1061 i was able to locate
such features as mt lubur & the village of namuruputh kenya & possibly
even sanderson gulf & even to anticipate that the eastern orthodox
version of truth here is that the tripoint might well be the same as
the mentioned pillar d23

but the coords then move
from 4d30m x 35d55m
to 4d38m x 35d56m
or quite a jump

& the rocky ridge called okolon is notably missing
& the point is now strictly due north rather than ne of namuruputh
as predicted
etc etc
so there may well be another version of truth lurking here
simultaneously too

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., b.whyte@p... wrote:
> The Berkeley map collection has some Ethiopian maps online which
show this tript.
> Go to
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/g8030s200s6.html
> and select the bottom left mapsheet.
> In the top right (NE corner) of this sheet, is the tript. The zoom
function on the map viewing software is a little hard to control
though. Note the administrative vs legal Sud-Ken boundary on the index!