Subject: Two national telephone area codes
Date: Feb 22, 2002 @ 05:42
Author: Brendan (Brendan <pithokie@...>)

Hyder, Alaska, USA is that way, with children going to school in nearby
British Columbia, Canada.
Even though the U.S. and Canada technically have the same type of phone
system, some phones in Hyder have the area code for that part of BC.
I don't even know that the few businesses in Hyder even take U.S. dollars
since it is completely isolated (by land, anyway) from the rest of the
United States.

Brendan Sherry
Pittsburgh, PA USA