Subject: Re: Turkish exclave in Syria? -> mdua border changes
Date: Jan 20, 2002 @ 15:37
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Peter:
>> Ray has mentioned a new Moldovan exclave in the Ukraine to me, for
>> instance, but I have no details. (...)
> Could it be the result of another road being handed over, near
> Palanca (at mde)? I found this and translated it for you
Ah, brilliant! Thank you. That's the one. I've been thrashing around
the web for days looking for English info and finding nothing.
Your second map also contains the spot-height for the lowest point in
Moldova, where the Dniester crosses the border. I take it the
altitudes are in metres? Looks like it will now be an awkward spot to
visit without entering Ukraine - a squeeze through boggy ground
between the road and the river.

Grant