Subject: US non-states and one trivia question
Date: Dec 05, 2001 @ 04:29
Author: PitHokie (PitHokie <pithokie@...>)

m,

sorry for confusing the two! do you have any
reference for the one of which you speak? was it
actually recognized by congress? i have never heard
of such state but the possibility intrigues me.
any sources/sites also for desert? i know also an
area at the corner of tn/va/ky considered life as the
state of franklin, but i think we have talked about
that before.
besides the continental divide(s), i wonder what other
entities in the u.s. are marked with border-type
markers? perhaps some old territory boundaries are
still marked?

and one more question... what is the largest border
marker/monument in the world?

brendan