Subject: Re: Extreme westerly, easterly and southerly palindromes
Date: Dec 01, 2001 @ 15:10
Author: Grant Hutchison ("Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

> This Glenelg, if it still exists, would be further south than Yutuy,
> Chile, and may or may not be further south than Mt. Gog.
I once spent a very wet morning in the original village of Glenelg in
Scotland, from which you can take a tiny one-car ferry over the sea to
Skye. Oddly, there is no sign of the Glen Elg from which it might have
been expected to take its name. Instead it sits at the mouth of Glen
Mor (one of dozens in Scotland, because the name just means "Big Glen").
But I digress ...
GeoNet doesn't list a Glenelg or Glen Elg in New Zealand, but that of
course doesn't mean it doesn't exist. N.Z. and Argentina (and Chile
itself) are cetainly the only likely locations to better the Chilean
record.

Grant