Subject: Re: Tripoint ltplru
Date: Dec 01, 2001 @ 15:01
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jan Krogh" <jakro64@y...> wrote:
> Thanks for the URL, Peter! It seems that to the left is the Polish
and to
> the right is the Russian. The big white I think must be the
tripoint, so
> therefor the Lithuanian seems to be missing. Anyhow, soon I plan to
be
> there...
>
> Jan

I think you are right. The one on the left is certainly the Polish
one. The other one looks like a Russian one; these are supposed to be
red and green, but the green is looking very blue here. I think it is
just the quality of this picture that makes the green look blue.

Following the link below you can see another Russian marker, on an
entirely different spot, namely somewhere in the vicinity of Tuapse
on the geru border. By the way, this part of Georgia is Abkhazia,
which is sort of independent, but not recognised as such by anyone I
believe. So whether the other marker is a Georgian official one, or
an Abkhazian not-so-official one I don't know.

http://www.orlyonok.tuapse.ru/b/33.jpg

Peter S.