Subject: Re: Marcel
Date: Nov 30, 2001 @ 21:30
Author: marcelmiquel@navegalia.com (<marcelmiquel@...>)

>> so my question here becomes when did this rock begin its service as
>an
>> international boundary rock
>> & that can probably be answered in the treaty texts
>
>Probably the treaty that divided the Cerdanya. Sixteen-something....
>That's when Llivia town became detached from the surrounding
>countryside.

>Marcel?
>
> so in sum first i do think extreme congrats are in order here in
any case

>And from me too.
>
>Peter S.

Perhaps the partition treaty of Cerdanya (Treaty of Llívia,
12/11/1660), mentions the stone. Next monday I will be able to confirm
it, because I don't have the book near. But the final delimination was
in 1868. Before this delimitation act, the international border was the
ancient municipal border. So, the "pedra dreta" surely was "de facto" a
international boundary marker

Llívia was an important town in the roman era, named "Julia Libika"
according to Ptolomeus ( s.II a.C.) and there are many archeological
sites.

The stone has a cross marked and had several words, impossible to read
nowadays.

Marcel

Personaliza tu móvil con los logos y melodías más divertidos.
Pincha en http://www.vizzavi.es/portal/ofiweb/melodias/index.htm