Subject: Re: cnkpru aka NKRuZh & nl
Date: Nov 30, 2001 @ 07:07
Author: orc@orcoast.com (orc@...)

proruption evidently refers to the entire salient area rather than just the narrow neck or waist where it breaks out of the larger mass

also your hancock maryland neck tho certainly the narrowest such tristate neck is actually a bit wider than the half mile neck of northeasternmost vermont which separates new hampshire from quebec & isnt even shown by aaa tho you can dial it up on topozone & also see it in bus&ss p63

& the most extreme states per hour strip is apparently either

ri ct ma nh vt ny for backroaders

or else

ct ny nj pa de md for autobahners

on either of which sequences i would think one could average at least 3 states per hour for 2 straight hours in a fast car with a radar detector & good luck during the wee hours of a quiet morning

also re vanishingly small necks consider the former glacial neck of alaska in tarr inlet on the upper panhandle which has melted all the way back into canadian territory so that the alaska mainland is now broken into 2 separate parts by the sea