Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: cnkpru aka NKRuZh & nl
Date: Nov 29, 2001 @ 19:11
Author: jamatotest (jamatotest <jamato@...>)

It's not on the national level, but one can travel through three U.S. states
(PA, MD, WV) in about 4 (yes, four) minutes, with no tripoint involved.
The spot in question is near Hancock, MD, where Interstate highways 68 and
70 meet. US Highway 522 runs the width of this 2-mile wide MD 'proruption'
(I must admit, I had never heard that word before today).

Also, if one were to continue on US 522 from Hancock, heading south through
West Virginia, you would cross into Virginia within a half-hour, making it
possible to travel through 4 US states in about 35 minutes, with no
multipoints involved.

I believe there is another location where one can travel through 4 US states
in under an hour - FL-AL-MS-LA, heading west on Interstate Highway 10...

Jon