Subject: Re: one last itch to scratch re atchde
Date: Jul 26, 2001 @ 21:50
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Cf. the following:

"(...)as demonstrated by the case of Lake Constance over a
substantial period, it is possible to agree on the regulation of
particular uses and achieve pragmatic accommodations, even between
neutrals and belligerents in time of war, without resolving the
question of whether there is to be a condominium or partition, and
therefore without any formal and complete partition of sovereignty."

from an interesting article on the Caspian Sea, which can be read at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/usazerb/141.htm .

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> Gideon may say whatever he likes of course, but only Switzerland
> wants the lake to be divided between the three countries according
> the equidistance principle, I distill from the previous messages.
> Austria wants it the condominium way, and Germany is not sure and
has
> various international agreements about various subjects with
various
> viewpoints ('not unambiguous', as it is said). So it looks like the
> Gideon tripoint is the one according to ch and maybe to de, but
> certainly not to at.
>
> Until we find out about a trilateral treaty on this subject, of
> course.
>
> Peter S.
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@c...>
> wrote:
> > Michael:
> >
> > >would someone with access to gideon please confirm whether he
> > >indicates an atchde tricountry point in lake constance
> > Of the three borders, he gives most detail under Germany-
> Switzerland:
> > "The boundary tripoint with Austria is located in the
southeastern