Subject: Re: Bonus bits of Everyone's Sea
Date: Jul 26, 2001 @ 22:08
Author: Grant Hutchison ("Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Michael:
I notice you got message 3333 as well as 2222. Timing is all.

>so do you think this means we may actually have 3 salients toward or
>actual beachheads onto south america
It's like one of these old sleight-of-mind maths puzzles from
Scientific American. Where did the extra high seas come from?
The two extra patches could only be claimed by Peru (in the north)
and Chile (in the south), but the boundaries are drawn so as to
prevent that happening, blocking off Peru and Chile from their little
patch of claimable ocean outside the EEZs of Chile and Argentina
respectively. So I guess the high seas *have* pushed a bit shorewards
in Peru and Chile, though it feels odd to say that, given that the
relevant patches of high sea are offshore from Chile and Argentina!

Grant