Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: stretching the quest for a real stretchable latex tripoint to stretch
Date: Sep 25, 2006 @ 01:49
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...>)

Please see my two insertions below.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA

----- Original Message -----
From: "aletheia kallos" <aletheiak@...>
To: <boundarypoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: stretching the quest for a real
stretchable latex tripoint to stretch

> ok great
> i have been lost along the mcmahon line all afternoon
> trying to stretch out de facto notional btcnine for
> prime time too
>
> but thanxx for all these additional rude awakenings
> hahaha
> & to think i was imagining the bayou pierre lake
> settlement could opt into the neutral ground
> just to continue avoiding authority
> hahaha
> just like me
> hahahaha
>
> but ok i get that now
>
> the authorities such as they were
> drew the notional line up the bayou pierre to keep
> everyone off the west bank
> but then they had to stop or turn this line west at or
> just below bayou pierre lake in order to permit this
> particular west bank settlement to be an exception &
> legally stay put
> & within american louisiana

Well, since the ambiguity of the eventual international boundary north
of the NG was the very reason for the NG, the Spanish settlers at BP
remained loyal to Spain, and Spain still claimed jurisiction over them,
although it had agreed to withdraw its military beyond the Sabine in the
NG agreement. I think that leaving the BP settlement north of the NG
was the two parties' way of agreeing to disagree as to who owned it
without having to require its removal.

> so clearly i need to revise the eastern terminus of my
> closing line to reflect this effectivity
>
> & i do think the southernmost point of bayou pierre
> lake just as good a stretch for the turnpoint now as i
> formerly did its northernmost

Since General Salcedo wrote "...along this bayou to the west bank of
Bayou Pierre Lake at Bayou Pierre settlement," I think we owe it to him
to go some ways up the west side of the lake and not just stop at its
southernmost point. It is the settlement, not the lake, that must be
left north of the NG. The truth is that I have located the BP
settlement and will tell all as soon as I get it written up. It does
take some explaining, though.