Subject: Green Island Ile Verte St.Pierre-Miquelon cafr
Date: Jul 10, 2006 @ 18:06
Author: XML ("XML" <x.maillard@...>)

Hi Aletheiak, hi Doug:

Did you eventually find where does the CANADA-FRANCE border or sea
boundary sea exaclty pass through the Green Island (Ile Verte) and
Little Green Island group (Ilots de l'Ile Verte) area between Saint-
Pierre-&-Miquelon and Newfoundland?

Did you manage or were you able to see DMAHC 14340 chart (20th
edition, Nov. 1943, revised November 11, 1972) and Canadian
Hydrographic Service Chart 405 (compiled in 1971), which apparently
gives the exact boundary line?

Xavier

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Message #16626 Re: Green
Island Ile Verte SPM, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@...> wrote:

doug
when you went to the map store mentioned in 8256 & 8264
did you ask for
canadian hydrographic service charts 4490 & 405

& if not could you try again & ask for these specifically by number
& at least check them out to see if they are an improvement on
your attachment to 8594

i ask because we do have good reason to believe that these are
the best available maps
especially 4490
as that was the official map of the treaty

i think it accurately summarizes the actual state of the try
except on further reflection i am still hopeful chart 4490 at least
could advance things further