Subject: Re: Green Island Ile Verte SPM
Date: Feb 09, 2005 @ 18:01
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

& more to the point doug
i should take this opportunity to introduce you to romain as the
one who brought ile verte to our attention in the first place
back in 2002
from the canadian side of the border
& who has certainly led the chase after what has become our
collective dream of somehow finding a dry cafr line somewhere

a dream which has now been answered & advanced by you
romain
from the french side of the line

& i would like you both to know that i believe we have already
gotten all the really expert opinion we will ever get
or could ever need
or ever want really

& from none other than martin & the treaty itself yet

& that all we can hope to do now to advance the try is to get better
maps & indeed hopefully the authoritatively right map
also hopefully as numbered below
& then
to simply plot & connect the already fully known coordinates of
the already fully known turnpoints on the map

& if the map is detailed enough
our simply connecting all the dots should reveal some dry cafr

& thus we will have our qed

& if it isnt detailed enough
then no dry cafr line will show up yet

& we will still only have our belief or hope
that dry cafr might still be there somehow
however microscopically

& beyond these parameters
i think we would be kidding ourselves

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"
<aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> doug
> when you went to the map store
> did you ask for
> canadian hydrographic service charts 4490 & 405
>
> & if not
> could you try again & ask for these specifically by number
> & at least check them out to see if they are an improvement on
> your attachment to 8594
>
> i ask because we do have good reason to believe that these
are
> the best available maps
> especially 4490
> as that was the official map of the treaty
>

> & romain
> have you seen message 8615 yet
>
> i think it accurately summarizes the actual state of the try
> except on further reflection i am still hopeful chart 4490 at least
> could advance things further
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray
> <doug@d...> wrote:
> > This is all very exciting.
> >
> > I have tried without luck to get some information concerning
the
> > SPM-NFLD boundary from the Canadian gov't. I will try
again...

> > If, indeed, the boundary crosses land, then I think it would
> make for a
> > great ECOCBE (East Coast of Canada Border Expedition).
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Doug
> >

> > On Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at 06:31 AM, romain_hodapp
> wrote:
> >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > And the result ... is updated on the page
> > > http://www.geocities.com/romain_hodapp/Ile-verte.html
> > >
> > > Right or wrong ???
> > > Romain
> > >
> > > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"