Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Tripoint picture: BZGTMX
Date: Jan 15, 2006 @ 17:30
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

awesome doug
thanx
great stuff

& for some reason i have so far been able to reach
only your first & most telling pdf link
regarding gtmx monument 107
so i am still only visualizing both maps based on your
descriptions of them

& to answer your question properly some review &
analysis are necessary

but first feast your eyes on this 2 year old
prediction you have today fufilled
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/11364

& tho i dont believe the marker 186 mentioned there
ever did prove to be any competition to this marker
107
the notion of hedging ones bet about the true tripoint
marker is indeed totally warranted in this case
because gtmx marker 107 does in fact have another near
companion rock with at least as much of a claim on
being the truest available bzgtmx

the difficulty here of course
which you will probably also recall
is that bzgt has been & still is in process of
renovation
which in fact involves a slight realignment of its
northernmost segment from where it was previously
thought to be
& this includes a slight displacement of bzgtmx from
its disputed position at the predecessor of this new
marker 107
aka gtmx vertice aguas turbias
to an also freshly installed bzgt version of bzgtmx

to which mexico has already indicated her agreement as
well btw

but the work has been under suspension & the agreement
not yet ratified
for political reasons in guatemala

& it was in the course of this renovation circa 2002
that this new bzgtmx marker was installed a couple
hundred meters east of your marker 107
but presumably on an extension of the same clearcut
since it is on the same parallel

& even tho 107 is now newer & the 2002 rock unratified
i think because there is a working tripartite
agreement about the new position
it certainly has to be taken at least equally into
account as this old position with new marker
if we are seeking the truest & or best available
bzgtmx position

& the truth is
neither of them has ever been nor is yet completely
legal

isnt that lovely

so whenever you do try again be sure to bag them both

& since they should be intervisible by now thanx to
the new clearcut it has only gotten easier

another & perhaps better way to get the nutshell is
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/11319
which is still essentially correct except now we know
both markers are now new

& if you are interested in how we got there
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/7675

but of course there is still much more on this
exciting evolution in process if you want it

& in any case
best wishes on improving upon your previous tries

--- Doug Murray <doug@...>

http://www.sre.gob.mx/cilasur/Assets/Images/informe2003.pdf