Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Tripoint picture: BZGTMX
Date: Jan 15, 2006 @ 19:49
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

--- "Lowell G. McManus" <lgm@...> wrote:

> That's it!

i would say not that thats it
necessarily
but that that now marks a position that was at least
formerly & widely believed to be it

> Notice how monument 107 on page 17 is much larger
> and of different design than
> the standard GTMX monuments.

my guess about this is
the difference in size & design has to do with the
difference between what they are calling principal &
intermediate gtmx markers
rather than a difference between gtmx markers as such
& a bzgtmx marker

> From the two photos,
> we can say that it has
> plaques on two adjacent sides (probably three) and
> lacks any on one side.

perhaps we can say that
or will eventually be able to
but will you first explain this more clearly
as i find it & your following inference inexplicable
so far

> That
> would be consistent with the tripoint.

i would say
consistent with your notion of the tripoint so far
but it remains to be seen if belize really has signed
on to this marker in any way or ever will

i dont say it is impossible
because there is still a chance that bzmx for which
there is no known demarcation will eventually
terminate at this gtmx marker 107 rather than at the
new bzgt terminal rock 200m east of there

but please note especially that mexico has agreed in
principle to the new tripoint location
& moreover that even tho this pdf is the work of a
bzgtmx border commission
the bzgtmx tripoint per se is not referred to anywhere
in it
& seems rather to be assiduously avoided if anything
& indeed is as conspicuous in its absence from the
text as belize is from the maps
which almost kiss her & the tripoint too
yet ignore them

also please note in the following ibs study
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS161.pdf
that it is the meridian of garbutts falls on bzgt that
delimits the geodetic segment of bzmx
& it was just this meridian that was corrected in the
new bzgt alignment
& which gtmx marker 107 formerly marked everyones best
guess of
but no longer does

so for all these reasons i believe we are here still
between a tripoint position that never really was &
another that is far more probable & yet still doesnt
legally exist either

for further clarification
please see also
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/19187