Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] nyonqc location was Re: special congrats may be in order for czdepl improvement
Date: Dec 07, 2005 @ 19:14
Author: Hugh Wallis ("Hugh Wallis" <hugh@our-own-home.com>)

OK - found a collared version which extends north a bit - see attached.

It is hard to tell exactly what this map is saying since there does appear to be a small line extending towards Canada at the apex of the border in the river and no sign of the ONQC border meeting the international border further southeast (incidentally plotting this on the Canadian map shows a distance difference of 259m). But then why would the State of New York Department of Public Works care about the exact location of the ONQC border? Clearly we need to find the answer by reference to Ontario and Québec sources since it is all about that provincial border's alignment and the USA has no (official) interest in this.