Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] re your kind reply
Date: Oct 03, 2005 @ 18:17
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

After my last visit to the monument in 2003, I parroted in message 11215 the
nearby Louisiana historical marker's claim that it is the only international
boundary maker within the US. You were quick to acquaint me in the very next
message with Ellicott's Stone in Alabama--and quite rightly so. After that, I
wrote to the De Soto Parish Historical Society, which had in its brochure a
similar claim to the uniqueness of the RTUS rock. So, the owners of the
Louisiana half of the site can't say that they've never been disabused of its
purported uniqueness as an American ghost international rock.

Of course, the worship of this rock has always been driven by the Texans. For
Louisianians, it's a state-line rock; but for Texans, it is tangible proof
carved in granite that they were once an equal member of the family of nations.
Perhaps your recent contacts with the Sons of the Republic will suffice to set
the record straight for all time.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA