Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Liechtenstein and Büsingen
Date: Aug 05, 2005 @ 20:42
Author: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...>)

Thank you for this interesting report from
one of our most favored areas.

I believe that boundary stone nr 1 at the southwest
corner of LI is actually on the left bank of the
Rhine, where it acts as an indirect marker for the
actual turning point which should be in the thalweg of
the river.

If your Büsingen map shows a wet german passage from
mainland Germany to Büsingen, I believe that this is
not entirely correct.

In fact, I think that, although there is a reference
marker on the south river bank, the actual boundary
turning point, in the middle of the river as it were,
is marked by a big rock about one meter below the
surface, with an inscription relating to the fact that
it's actually a boundary marker. I would love to see a
picture of this rock.

Please, if it's not too much trouble for you, do share
all of your pictures!

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs