Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] U.S. External Territories list
Date: Apr 07, 2005 @ 17:03
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

I wrote:

> There are no remaining islands in dispute between the USA and other
> nations--only some disputed wet boundaries between US lands and other nations.

I should correct this. What I meant was that there are no remaining disputed
island possessions (such as the former guano islands), apart from any that
happen to be in areas of disputed wet boundaries. There is Machias Seal Island
(and probably others) in territorial seas disputed between the US and Canada.
Machias Seal Island and any such others (to whatever extent that they are
actually American) are within the 50 states.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA