Subject: Re: enclaves on stamps
Date: Sep 17, 2004 @ 03:37
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak"
<aletheiak@y...> wrote:
> ok mike
> this feels much better to me yet again
>
> thank you
>

> & wouldnt you know i actually had to cut off the bottom of your
> message again just now in order to add this comment on top
>
> i swear it
>
> so you have cosmically outstacked me now for the 3rd time
> & i celebrate this attainment with you of your stacking hat trick &
> authentic multiple prowess
>
> just as i celebrate & appreciate your acknowledgements of my
> own extremities & enormities here below too
>

> & i would answer your excellent new question as follows
>
> to avoid confusion as well as contention
> i would simply qualify all claves & maybeclaves alike
> by the year in which they were last heard from or reported
>
> thus amaz karki 2004
>
> & amaz tatlis 1978 or whatever
>
> etc
>
> so by 2005
> if neither are heard from or reported again
> say by the cia or the local schoolmaster
> or anyone else remotely credible
> karki becomes a maybeclave
> but far less of a maybeclave than the tatlis now are
>
> & to indicate confirmed discontinuation
> which is a different matter
> we could give dates fore & aft
>
> but i have run out of
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman
> <mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> > Where would you write? Still needs more specificity
> > in terms of addressing. Call it a postal expedition
> > perhaps. There may be a real expedtion there in a
> > couple of years.
> > If anyone can outstack or outmessagecite it would be
> > you. You have cited more messages than anyone else,
> > along with creating more messages than anyone else,
> > along with replying to your own messages more than
> > anyone else.
> > "i will simply offer & endeavor to answer frankly your
> > any fair & simple question"
> > Ok. By your reasoning, anyone could say that the
> > other
> > 4 exclaves are "maybeclaves" since they haven't
> > been "heard from" since the date of the last map
> > showing them. Would you call them maybeclaves as
> > well? That is a fair and simple question.

yes it is & please excuse the unavoidable interruption above

& i have cut off the entire bottom of the message now
so we have plenty of room to grow it again

but first to return to your upper question
which is also right on
of where specifically i would write

i dont know what the seat of government of tatli is
but i do know azerbaijan uses rayons
& i still need to check this
but if tatli is in the vicinity of kazakh
as i tentatively believe it is
then the name of the rayon is most probably qazax
& its rayon seat is most probably kazakh too

but i will keep digging on this
& on whether rayons have governors or whatever
for it might be better to write to a known responsible individual
rather than to some unknown office or generic place
i completely agree
if that is what you were getting at

& back to the maybeclaves answer

i wouldnt & dont put too fine a point on any of this

of course a clave heard from much more recently is far more
likely to still exist than a clave heard from much less recently

interestingly
this isnt quite the same situation as with multipoints
which
tho they may move about or get remonumented etc
nevertheless they presumptively continue to exist indefinitely
or at least as long as their constituent states continue to exist