Subject: Re: enclaves on stamps
Date: Sep 11, 2004 @ 07:26
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

because it indicates that the depiction of the clave borders in
black on this map dates from the first printing in 1976
& that for whatever reason these claves & their borders were
ignored when all the other borders were revised & overprinted in
purple in 1978

but i think the purple probably indicates actual border revisions
rather than corrections of mistakes

presumably these authoritative maps were correct when the
borders were first drawn in black
& were correct again when they were revised in purple

& the fact that the borders of these claves were not purpled over
could mean that they continued unchanged in 1978
& possibly even right up to the present

or it could mean that they ceased to exist by then or later

& we dont know which it does mean

but without any subsequent trace or mention of them anywhere
else that we do know of
i think it is fair to say they have not been heard from in 28 years

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3495&i