Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ***Labor Day Quiz***
Date: Sep 07, 2004 @ 04:51
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

If I am the "spacemaster" referred to below, I can explain as follows:

In the past, I have been able to conserve greatly the available space in the BP
Photos section by simply deleting the "full-size" version of all photos, leaving
the "thumbnail" and "screen-size" versions. (I was granted moderator privileges
in order to do this deleting.) Deletion of the full-size versions was no great
loss to the general membership, because the full-size version of each photo can
be viewed only by the member who uploaded it and the moderators. Many full-size
versions were far too large to be viewed on a computer screen, and some ran into
hundreds or even thousands of KB, occupying enormous amounts of our limited
capacity. Clearly, some management was required.

Some members take the effort to delete the full-size version of their own photos
when they upload them. That makes my job much easier, which is appreciated.
François is one member who has had almost no full-size versions among his
photos. I have deleted a few, in each case leaving the smaller versions that
members can view. Thus, none of his individual photos is wasteful of the
available capacity. However, of the 495 photos in the Photos section tonight,
258 belong to François. That is over 52 percent of them.

We have 30 MB of available space, and we currently occupy 27.17 KB. The limits
of efficient management are about to be reached, and there is nothing further
that I can do. Something is going to have to give.

Any person registered with a Yahoo ID can go to
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos and create his own personal photo
album. These now have unlimited capacity. This is probably the best solution
for a person who has large numbers of photos to share. He could post the URL of
his album to the group and invite members to visit.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA