Subject: Re: ***Labor Day Quiz***
Date: Sep 07, 2004 @ 15:56
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

yes maestro & we are grateful for this & all your endeavors to
maximize the overall spaciness of our experience here

at the same time
in a growing everyones land
francois & everyone else who does a prodigious amount of
anything must have a special place of honor here too

& at the same time yet again
so far as we actually know
in terms of multidimensionality or otherwise
we are still enjoying a complete lack of lack here as well

isnt that true

with many new options constantly presenting themselves too

so i dont see that anything
whether in particular or general
really even has to happen at all

or let me say that happily everything still seems entirely optional
here to me anyway

& i think we are all doing divinely
however we interpret or measure what we &or others are doing

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> If I am the "spacemaster" referred to below, I can explain as
follows:

> In the past, I have been able to conserve greatly the available
space in the BP
> Photos section by simply deleting the "full-size" version of all
photos, leaving
> the "thumbnail" and "screen-size" versions. (I was granted
moderator privileges
> in order to do this deleting.) Deletion of the full-size versions
was no great
> loss to the general membership, because the full-size version
of each photo can
> be viewed only by the member who uploaded it and the
moderators. Many full-size
> versions were far too large to be viewed on a computer screen,
and some ran into
> hundreds or even thousands of KB, occupying enormous
amounts of our limited
> capacity. Clearly, some management was required.
>
> Some members take the effort to delete the full-size version of
their own photos
> when they upload them. That makes my job much easier,
which is appreciated.
> François is one member who has had almost no full-size
versions among his
> photos. I have deleted a few, in each case leaving the smaller
versions that
> members can view. Thus, none of his individual photos is
wasteful of the
> available capacity. However, of the 495 photos in the Photos
section tonight,
> 258 belong to François. That is over 52 percent of them.
>
> We have 30 MB of available space, and we currently occupy
27.17 KB. The limits
> of efficient management are about to be reached, and there is
nothing further
> that I can do. Something is going to have to give.
>
> Any person registered with a Yahoo ID can go to
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos and create his own
personal photo
> album. These now have unlimited capacity. This is probably
the best solution
> for a person who has large numbers of photos to share. He
could post the URL of
> his album to the group and invite members to visit.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

yet
> it may be that we are finally running out of spacemaking
options