Subject: Re: Possible BNCNMYTWVN 5-Country Reef and Obelisk
Date: Sep 06, 2004 @ 18:47
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

well no need to postulate a greater mystery in order to solve a
lesser one

& i think a single 5country obelisk in the sea is plenty for the time
being

the so called lighthouse or beacon
whether it was mounted atop the obelisk or not
could easily have just been a small reflector or glow type

the lawn of my estate here on cream hill is littered with solar
powered night lights comprised of 6inch plastic cubes that just
stick into the ground

& the 2 blocklike forms you have spotted on the reef could easily
have come from the top of the single known obelisk
the height of which does indeed appear to have been reduced
as detailed below
by the necessary 15 or 20 percent to account for them
give or take a beacon
& were perhaps shot down by the same chinese gunboat that
perhaps shot out the light

leaving stone markers to claim sovereignty over islets
&or destroying such markers to deny it
has been a fixture thruout the china seas since 1895

after malaysia destroyed the chinese marker here
it seems to me
the least china could have done was destroy the malaysian light

anyway so little for my theory

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> A web site at
http://www.mir.com.my/potpourri/places/mpwong/destination/loui
sa/
> says of Louisa Reef, "The navigation beacon at its southwest
point is now
> defunct... The sandy patches south and west of the collapsed
beacon give
> excellent night diving." The map at
> http://www.panagadivers.com/Diving/Reefs.htm shows the
obelisk in the southwest
> of the oval reef, but the obelisk is hardly "collapsed."
>
> The large 2003 photo on the page linked last above clearly
shows two other
> manmade objects, one in the foreground of the obelisk's base
and one to the
> right. It is my theory that these are the remains of two
collapsed similar
> "obelisks" that would have served as piers for a platform
supporting the beacon.
> I see no way that a single obelisk could have hosted a
functioning navigation
> beacon. What would have powered it in the middle of the
South China Sea? A
> platform would have been necessary to support enough solar
arrays or other
> equipment to power a beacon.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA