Subject: Re: DCMDVAN via Potomac Heritage Trail & baarle quadripoint
Date: Aug 11, 2004 @ 20:19
Author: bjbutlerus ("bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@...>)

I was thinking along the same lines and went looking for some existing
photos of that stretch of river. Here is a decent starting point:

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/rivers/id/90/

Look especially at the photos listed at the bottom of the page,
including this link, which I believe includes the trifinium:

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/photos/?photoid=1886

I think the large mass near the left center of the photo is the
crescent shaped rock adjacent to the trifinium. This also shows that
low water might make for easy and safe access, possibly even by boat
from the MD side. We should keep an eye on the gage at:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?01646500

When the level is below 2.75 feet, it might be worth a try. Pray for
drought.

BJB