Subject: Re: DCMDVAN via Potomac Heritage Trail & baarle quadripoint
Date: Aug 11, 2004 @ 04:01
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

exactly
& i also have the same rocks in profile in my river level pix
with very substantial agreement of many other features too
so even assuming some slight inaccuracy in the fairfax overlays
which i do
having seen the irregularities in some of the other details
it still wont be hard to find the approximately correct alignment

& of course this is not everything we will need to find
but it means marker wm1 should be much easier to recover now

& that
plus mathews & nelson
plus a place to park the cars
plus good luck with our new access route
plus a low enough water level
plus a security line for leaning out over the river from the bank
since we dont dare jump in to reach the tripoint
even if it is just offshore as we expect
may be all we need to upgrade our laurels to class b

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> I keep looking at the Fairfax County aerial photo and the Urban
Areas photo on
> Terraserver. I think that the best way to find the boundary
below the bluff
> (where you can't sight from the features above) would be to
locate it relative
> to the various rocks in the river as shown on the photos. They
seem to be
> scattered in a distinctive manner.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

Trail & baarle
> quadripoint
>

> > it looks like i was centering my search maybe 10 or 15 yards
too
> > far upstream
> > due mainly to the unexpected mismatch of the property line &
> > county line
> > & i scoured maybe 10 or 15 yards of bank in both directions
> > so at my lowest reach i probably just missed the true
alignment

> > i will send some pix taken from river level if i ever get the
scanner
> > connected again
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G.
McManus"
> > <mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> > > I'm glad to have been of help. Where were you looking the
last
> > time you were
> > > there?
> > >
> > > Lowell G. McManus