Subject: Re: Re; Map sites (ATCHFLN)
Date: Jul 27, 2004 @ 18:23
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Ernst Stavro Blofeld
<blofeld_es@y...> wrote:
> --- Jesper Nielsen <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> > then it cannot be the one on the other bank...
>
> Are you quite sure?
>
> I am afraid I don't have a good topomap of the
> area, but I have attached a scan from the area
> where the southern border of LI enters the Rhine
> River.

this has finally arrived in good form

& it led me back to
http://www.ris.bka.gv.at/taweb-cgi/taweb
where distances as well as intermediate markers are given for
these
unless i am mistaken

also while there i noticed the following verbal descriptions of the
marker positions around atchlin
133 oestlicher rheindamm
135 oestliches rheinufer
136 westlicher rheindamm
so we evidently need to look for 136 atop the embankment
as you say below
or at least at an elevation corresponding more to 133 than 135

in other words
just as this other scan also very nicely shows