Subject: Re: Re; Map sites (ATCHFLN)
Date: Jul 16, 2004 @ 17:20
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "aletheiak" <aletheiak@y...>
> wrote:
> > even better
> > thanx
> >
> > & which also raises the question for checking
> > whatever the actual marker numbers prove to be
> > is the tripoint correctly positioned on the thalweg by the 2
> > riverbank markers alone
> >
> > or by sighting thru the last 2 markers directly situated on the
> atli
> > line alone
> >
> > or are all 3 of these markers in practically perfect alignment
> anyway
>

> The border is defined to be "geradlinig" (in a straight line) from
> marker 134 to 135 (54 metres), and "geradlinig" from 135 to 136
(160
> metres). I presume that the tripoint is where the thalweg crosses
> this last line.
>
> Peter S.

thanx again
& i also determined
by comparing & crunching the geocoords you just provided
that markers 136 & 135 & 134 are indeed in very substantial
alignment with one another
up to the 4th decimal place of accuracy anyway
& that marker 133 is close but not nearly so close as the others
agreeing with them only up to the 2nd decimal place

so there is no question that 136 & 135 are definitive
whether 134 is found or not

a difficulty may arise however in that the previous try evidently
produced photos only of markers 135 & 133

markers 134 & 136 may have been seen but were never reported

clearly one or the other if not both of these must be found & used
with marker 135
rather than marker 133
as some of the photos indicate may have been done earlier