Subject: Re: Re; Map sites (ATCHFLN)
Date: Jul 16, 2004 @ 15:04
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> On GCEBE Fran tried to reach the "tp island" .
>
> According to the line on the last marker before the tp, the island
was not hosting the tripoint.

> The CEBT-team is expected to go there next month. Any specific
requests we should carry out there?

> Jesper

yes
now that we are confident that the thalweg marks both chli & atch
could you recheck the alignment of atli
by comparing the groove in the top of the terminal marker on the bank
with the position of the penultimate marker
number 133 i believe
located a stones throw up the hill
just in case there has been any frost heaving etc of the witness
rock since your last visit

& having done that
could you then try to identify & reach the thalweg at the point
where this reconfirmed atli monument sight line strikes it

unless the river is very low
it looks like at least an inner tube & security line would be needed
for this first precision class b try for this point

& of course take a picture of the try itself
if there is anyone left over to hold a camera

but who all will be going