Subject: Re: wording
Date: Jul 16, 2004 @ 15:47
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Ernst Stavro Blofeld
<blofeld_es@y...> wrote:
> Peers,
>
> I would appreciate if our english-speaking friends
> could comment on the following:
>
> We frequently use the word pene-exclave in the
> approximate meaning of "almost exclave". If I am not
> mistaken the word was introduced either by Robinson in
> the 50s or Catudal in the 70s, unless, of course, the
> word was already in common use prior to that.
>
> I think the word is a little awkward, and since there
> already seems to be other examples of words formed
> with the (latin?) prefix "pen" (like peninsula,
> penultimate), wouldn't "penexclave" do nicely?
>
> How do y'all feel about "penexclave"?

i feel great about it
in any language
& since you probably also recall our previous endlessly unresolved
discussions of clave terms
& realize that even your intended meaning here is only approximate &
multiple anyway
thanx probably to just these authors
i think whozywhatsis would also be an equally good term for this
as well as less confusing for being so frank about its own nebulosity