Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Strange section chit border
Date: Apr 10, 2004 @ 04:10
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

I, too, would love to know exactly how the Lateran Treaty of 1929 delimited the
boundary along and about the colonnade.

The MXUS boundary in the Rio Grande's wild segments is the natural middle of the
river. In the several artificially rectified and channelized segments, the
boundary is delimited in the 1970 treaty as a series of straight lines and
curved arcs, both geometrically described between coordinate points . The
largest curve is upstream of Hidalgo/Reynosa. It is an arc with a radius of
2,585.30 feet and length of 4,100.07 feet. Yes, this is an underwater boundary,
not as readily accessible as the Vatican step.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA