Subject: Re: Strange section chit border
Date: Apr 09, 2004 @ 18:04
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> If you're looking for "a nonstraight linear manmade feature
delineating a
> border," I think a good example would be the artificially
relocated and
> channelized Rio Grande in several places.
>
> Do I correctly understand your quest?
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

not sure there is any calling for a full blown quest here yet

for one thing
i dont know if the graphics we just saw overprinted on the vatican
pix do accurately portray the actual verbal delineation in the treaty
or if they are just someones not quite exact but best shot at it

for if the curving edge of the top step of the colonnade should in
fact hold up
somewhere amidst all that italian fine print
rather than the straight outer edges of the column bases
as depicted by the line art
then we still really have no better pilgrimage than to just stay
right here & simply run our hand along this most obvious &
available & truly rare if not utterly unique curving itva stone edge

for i am not so ready to completely give up on such a beautiful &
otherwise very apparent probability without better proof of its
debunkment

but if all such itva curve hopes should indeed prove to be a dead
issue
i would still imagine some nonstraight road centerlines could be
found functioning as de jure borders & readily available
somewhere
before needing to resort to such arcane & speculative & possibly
even underwater questing opportunities as you suggest
since i am under the impression that the ibwc dictates the
border as a periodically renewed geodesic continuum anyway

in fact it was you who told me this
wasnt it
that the unmonumented parts of mxus are actually all ibwc
designated straight lines now
& that the true road to any boundary points truly situated on it
thus runs thru el paso for that reason
etc

so i think before there is any real quest
there is first a question as to whether there is any category at all
here

of course it wouldnt be hard to find de facto borders that run
along the facades of walls or edges of stones
say in cyprus
but i think the most interesting thing about this category of stone
edges
if it even truly exists in de jure reality
is that a stone edge rather than a stone center would perform the
demarcation
so one could actually feel the boundary line curving along under
ones hand or foot

but another reason i dont want to give up so easily on these
colonnade edges is that they could also stand to be the worlds
longest border markers

& i realize this is all still just guessing & second guessing

but before proceeding
can anyone ferret anything more definitive about the actual
delineation from these or any other itva texts